Acne: A complete guide to cure acne prone skin
Acne can be caused due to multiple factors ranging from exfoliation of skin cells to hormonal influences and inflammation related to bacteria.
Acne prone skin is skin that has a propensity to develop comedones and pimples. It is often oily and appears shiny. The good news, however, is that with a good skincare regime, you can be on the path to clearer skin.
But before getting familiar with the skincare regime, let’s take a look at the factors that lead to acne.
Causes of acne
- Excess sebum on your face is one of the few factors that cause acne. Sebum is actually an oily substance that enhances the skin health by keeping it hydrated and also protects it from external stressors. However, these glands can sometimes overproduce oil leading to clogged pores and severe breakouts on the face.
- Hormones play an important role when it comes to the health of your skin. Acne tends to be hormonally driven. And the same hormones that drive acne also tend to produce more oil on your face.
- Even Dead skin cells can contribute to clogged pores causing severe acne.
- The diet you follow has a direct impact on the condition of your skin. Food items that are high on sugar release hormones that may promote acne formation.
The right skincare routine for acne prone skin
It is necessary to follow a good skin care routine to keep your skin free of bumps.
- Start with cleansing your skin as it will keep the skin’s complexion healthy. Pick an acne clarifying cleanser that is enriched with salicylic and glycolic acid that will draw all the impurities from your face and will also treat the problem of acne at the same time. For oily skin people, it is necessary to use a cleanser at least twice a day.
- The dead skin cells will only leave your face when you exfoliate your skin. Hence once you have cleansed your face, it is important to exfoliate your skin at least twice a week.
- Tone your skin well to remove sebum, dirt and extra oil accumulated in your pores. Toners leave your skin clean and dirt free.
- Follow it up with the active ingredients such as serums. Serums that specifically control acne and target pigmentation and dark spots are amazing for acne prone skin.
- Moisturisation is the key. It is very important to hydrate your skin and prevent it from drying.
- Finish the skincare regime with Sunscreen. Anti-acne products can make your skin vulnerable to sun exposure. Thus, lather sunscreen all over the exposed areas to protect skin from sun damage.
Acne prone skin can be treated well with a consistent skin care routine. A skincare regime can definitely reduce symptoms or prevent new ones from forming. Use cleansers and serums that target acne specifically and help reduce dark spots. Don’t forget to wear sunscreen on a daily basis.