Everyone loves a skincare multitasker: An ingredient that makes others perform better, streamlines your routine, and buffers irritating anti-agers. That’s niacinamide, and its ease of use, gentle nature, and varied benefits has given it “it” status as far as trendy ingredients go.
It has the potential to improve your skin in more than one way.
Let’s look at some advantages that the serum provides.
- The serum gives the look of the makeup with the feel and ingredients of skincare.
- Because of its hydration properties, it can be used as a primer, a serum or a highlight.
- Intuitive to use.
The feel of the product
The serum is very thin and lightweight. It does not feel heavy on the skin but it is also not quite watery.
The Niacinamide serum does not feel sticky on your skin. In fact, the tacky texture helps the serum to stay in its place so that it can work as a highlight.
How to apply: As a primer, serum or highlight
The product is quite versatile in its use. So, you actually have a few options when it comes to application. The first way to use the serum is to make it work as a glowing or highlighting primer under your foundation. You can also choose to mix it with a matte foundation to make it look dewy.
Now, if you are going for a no-makeup makeup look or you have a no-makeup day, you can definitely use this serum on the high points of your face just like a liquid highlighter.
Finally, you can use this product as a serum and layer in beneath your moisturiser morning or night.
Let’s bring you a little closer to the product and look at all the ingredients that it has.
- Watermelon: This natural ingredient is the star of the product. It is known for containing potent vitamins like Vitamin A and Vitamin C and also gives that plumped look on the skin.
- Niacinamide: It is a well-known ingredient with antioxidant properties, and is formulated into skincare products to help even out skin tone and illuminate dullness.
- No added mica, pearl or glitter: This product is freed from pigment, mica, pearl, and glitter, this means that it is going on absolutely transparent on all skin tones and may not settle into lines or create undesirable
What can you pair the serum with?
Niacinamide is a universal ingredient and is flexible enough to fit in with other ingredients. Considering the healing power of Vitamin B3 when it comes to pigmentation, it can be best paired with kojic acid, soy and arbutin which works on the ‘pigment pathway’ to clear dark spots and discoloration.
The serum works best for people from dry skin family creating a no-makeup makeup look. It can be used as glowing primer before makeup, as a highlight if you are not in a mood to wear makeup or as serum beneath your moisturiser at morning and night.
There are no known allergens in this product, though sensitive skin types may not react well with the watermelon fragrance. It's always best to check with your physician.
The active ingredients of the product are Niacinamide and Watermelon extract.